Reports To: Manager, PPAS
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Status: Contract for 15 months
Scope of Search: Internal/ External
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is seeking a dynamic and professional Advisor to work in their Public and Physician Advisory Services. In this role you will research and respond to inquiries from physicians, the public and other stakeholders related to the College’s policies/practices and relevant health care legislation, keeping current on legislative changes and emerging trends in the healthcare landscape.
Reporting to the Manager, Physician Advisory Services you will represent the College to the public and the profession by responding to queries about policies and procedures, and directing individuals to additional local and provincial resources. You will assist physicians with practice management related matters by clarifying health care regulations, policies, and guidelines. Using sound judgement and analytical skills, you will assist both members of the public and the profession by providing guidance and advice with respect to complaints and practice One management issues. Documenting and escalating calls when necessary, you will identify and communicate issues and trends in health care delivery for the improvement of College policies/practices.
- Completion of Bachelor degree, preferably in a health or social service related field
- Demonstrated experience providing information and guidance to the public, profession or varied groups of stakeholders in highly emotional situations
- Requires a high degree of professionalism, initiative, self-motivation and independence in carrying out tasks
- A background that demonstrates responsiveness and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills as well as strong analytical skills to solve problems and complaints from physicians and the public
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully facilitate collaboration between Advisory services and other departments throughout the College.
- Knowledge of health care legislation and regulatory bodies is considered an asset.
To apply, forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.