Reports To: Manager, Data Analytics and Decision Support
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Status: Full time permanent
Scope of Search: Internal/ External
The Education Lead will facilitate the advancement of education-focused activities at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. With a focus on ELearning principles and strategies, the Education Lead will collaborate with College departments and external stakeholders to address and advance continuing educational needs and opportunities within the Ontario medical regulatory context. Working in a collaborative environment, the Education Lead will assess, interpret and lead broad educational strategies to create actionable steps towards implementation.
- Lead, contribute to and manage the on-going development and implementation of a College-wide education strategic framework that will guide future internal and external educational initiatives;
- Guide and manage education-focused initiatives, activities and resources across the College for day-to-day operations and the College’s educational strategic priority;
- Facilitate the translation of educational initiatives into actionable deliverables that will support the medical community’s engagement with new educational approaches.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts to analyze, design, develop, storyboard, narrate, edit, assess, and evaluate eLearning training curriculum.
- Create and integrate interactive elements into eLearning courses, including graphics, audio, narrations, etc.
- Manage and prioritize multiple learning project plans with extreme flexibility to meet tight deadlines.
- Manage our Learning Management system to provide the best experience for the learners.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement third party learning solutions, materials and media as appropriate, while managing vendors/suppliers.
- Perform quality assurance testing during the development life cycle of training programs, products and services.
- Measure the effectiveness and impact of learning solutions, and use the data to continuously improve our learning solutions.
- Organize updates to existing learning materials for the continuous improvement of course content.
- Other duties as assigned
- Expert-level proficiency in learning solution development software: Adobe Creative Suite CS6 (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Audition, Premiere), Articulate Storyline, or Adobe Captivate
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially PowerPoint
- Able to translate business information and concepts into visually appealing, dynamic and impactful learning content. Work samples will be requested during the interview process
- Working knowledge of GoToMeeting, Zoom and/or Adobe Connect, and the design of synchronous learning events
- Experience with Moodle and developing wireframes and UI/UX
- Prior experience administering or working with Learning Management Systems strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of SCORM, AICC and Experience API strongly preferred
- A strong communicator, both in writing and spoken communications
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
Please send a cover letter and updated résumé in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2019 at 5 p.m.