Reports To: Manager, Operations & Support
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Status: Full time permanent
Scope of Search: Internal/External
Our division is currently seeking a Helpdesk Technician to provide support for technical problems encountered by the CPSO’s on-site users, at home remote users and committee members. Support will extend to problems related to desktops, laptops, printers and iPhones as well as troubleshooting for industry standard programs like MS Office 365 and CPSO custom computer applications. Working with our current ticket system, this role will coordinate ticket distribution to Technical Services as well as redirect tickets to the Applications group as required. This role will manage hardware setups and moves for College staff as well providing training & support for individuals or Council & Committee members on basic tech functionality.
- Manage Helpdesk requests physical & TeamViewer
- Manage user upgrades and requests from Desktop to Laptops on the workplace strategy
- Printer & Computer troubleshooting, Password resets and SFT
- Assist users with mobile device support & setup
- Train and assist users and committee members on Office 365
- Coordinate moves with the team and be first point of contact for basic and intermediate Helpdesk requests
- Assist with meeting room physical & Skype setups which includes Council room
- Assist with inventory tracking
- Minimum one years’ experience working helpdesk support, including instructional and troubleshooting knowledge of Office 365 and Windows 10
- Exposure to Network and server software and hardware
- Strong interpersonal skills to dealing with a wide variety of personalities and staff levels through Customer service.
- Knowledge of multiple software applications, operating systems, network infrastructure and multimedia computer programs and file types.
- Ability to learn and understand new programs quickly
- Able to multi task and prioritize issues
To apply, forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by October 24th at 5 p.m.