Reports To: Manager, Continuous Improvement
Start Date: July 2019
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Scope of Search: Internal/ External
Status: Full time permanent
Reporting to the Manager, Continuous Improvement, the Project Manager will be responsible for project lifecycle management for complex, organization-wide projects that fulfill strategic and operational objectives. Working with the Manager and other staff, the Project Manager will drive the structure, communication and deliverables for each project. The Project Manager will coordinate, support and facilitate internal communication and liaise with external stakeholders as required, and facilitate innovative, creative and integrated solutions. The individual will be a positive, collaborative and engaged team member of Continuous Improvement and the Transformation Office.
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects of a high priority, complexity, long-term duration, and corporate-wide scope which span various functional areas of the CPSO.
- Develop, implement and monitor project structures, processes and plans. This includes governance structures, project scoping, resourcing, roles and responsibilities, clear deliverables and timelines.
- Develop, implement and monitor appropriate change management and stakeholder/relationship management plans to support project success.
- Provide formal communication and project status updates to Manager, project team, internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Identify, mitigate, monitor, and escalate issues and risks, as appropriate.
- Provide leadership to project teams: develop and communicate project specific vision, goals and objectives; provide guidance, input and support for project activities and deliverables; ensure effective communication between team members.
- Facilitate meetings and group process (e.g., to make decisions, gather requirements, support process improvement).
- Develop materials including briefing notes, presentations, and reports for senior management, committees and external stakeholders, as required.
- Foster positive and productive relationships with internal stakeholders, including executive leadership, the project team, and external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Transformation Office.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a Project Manager on complex projects; IT and transformational change project experience an asset.
- Masters level degree in Business Management, Information Management, Information Technology, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Health Administration or Health Informatics or related field or recognized equivalent.
- Successful track record of effectively managing multiple projects. Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience with and capacity to effectively:
- work with and provide leadership to cross-functional/inter-departmental teams and external partners, and
- engage and build relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to build consensus, focus and facilitate discussion.
- Team player who is highly service-oriented, motivated, positive and flexible, with a proven ability to work independently.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Above average writing and communication skills including the ability to understand, compile and communicate complex information clearly and effectively.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio).
- PMP certification, lean or six sigma training, change management training, and experience in a regulatory or not-for-profit environment are assets.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume (in one document) to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your application as soon as possible as this posting will only remain active until a successful candidate is found.