2022 District Election Results
Thank you to the candidates who ran in the 2022 District Elections.
District 1: 1 position
Counties of Essex, Kent, and Lambton
- Dr. Andrea Steen was elected
District 2: 1 position
Counties of Elgin, Huron, Middlesex, Oxford, and Perth
- Dr. Rob Gratton was acclaimed
District 3: 1 position
Counties of Bruce, Dufferin, Grey, Wellington, and the Regional Municipality of Waterloo
- Dr. Baraa Achtar was acclaimed
District 4: 2 positions
County of Brant and the Regional Municipalities of Haldimand-Norfolk, Halton, Hamilton-Wentworth, and Niagara
- Dr. Carys Massarella was elected
- Dr. Ian Preyra was elected
Council Member Skills and Competencies
CPSO seeks physicians who can bring a broad range of skills and perspectives to the Council’s work. To ensure that the Council can successfully execute its strategic objectives, Council members are expected to have a number of skills, attributes and behavioural competencies which are outlined below.
- Practice Setting
- Practice Specialty
- Financial Literacy
- Knowledge of Anti-racism and Anti-oppression
- Legal and Fiduciary Knowledge
- Technological Proficiency
- Health Systems Knowledge
- Human Resources
- Policy Development
- Continuous Learning
- Effective Communication
- Planning & Initiative
- Relationship Building
- Results Oriented
- Stakeholder Focused
- Strategic Thinking
- Learn about CPSO Council.
- Familiarize yourself with the CPSO’s Strategic Plan.
- Review the Declaration of Adherence and Nominee Information Guide.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected].