Make a Complaint

If you have a concern about the care or treatment you received from your doctor, we want to hear from you

Your relationship with your doctor may be one of the most important in your life, but that relationship can become strained when issues arise about your doctor’s competency or behaviour. If you’ve had an encounter with an Ontario physician that you think did not meet the high standards set for the medical profession, we are here to help.

One of our most important responsibilities is to respond to concerns and investigate complaints from members of the public about doctors. In all that we do, the College must act first and foremost in the best interest of the public.

How do I make a complaint against my doctor?

While all complaints, by law, must be submitted to us in writing or another acceptable form, we do have advisors ready to speak to you regarding your concerns. Our advisors can discuss your specific circumstances, provide you with important information regarding College policies and health legislation, and help you better understand the complaints process. They can also mail you a complaints package if you do not have internet access. Advisors are available Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1-800-268-7096 ext 603.

Complaint Forms

The following forms are available to help you provide the information to the College and make a formal complaint:

For more information, or to get help filling out these forms, please e-mail us at or call 1-800-268-7096 Ext. 603.

You can also get more information by visiting our Complaints Process page.

What if I’ve been sexually abused by an Ontario doctor?

Because of specific issues around the sexual abuse of patients by Ontario physicians, we have a separate web page for complaints of this nature, called the Sexual Abuse Complaints page. On it, you will find:

  • Answers to questions you may have if you think your doctor violated a boundary with you or otherwise engaged in sexual misconduct or abuse
  • A printable brochure that can be a helpful guide in deciding whether you wish to file a formal sexual abuse complaint against your doctor
  • A list of community resources in Ontario for victims of sexual abuse.

Again, if you have concerns about the care your doctor provided or his or her conduct, please call us at 1-800-268-7096 Ext. 603.