2021 Council Election Results
Congratulations to all the elected and re-elected Council members, and thank you to all the candidates who ran in the 2021 Council Elections!
District 6: 1 position
Counties: Frontenac, Haliburton, Hastings, Leeds and Grenville, Lennox and Addington, Northumberland, Peterborough, Prince Edward and Victoria
- Rupa Patel was elected
District 7: 2 positions
Counties: Dundas, Glengarry, Lanark, Prescott, Renfrew, Russell and Stormont Regional Municipality: Ottawa-Carleton
- Judith Plante was re-elected
- Sarah Reid was re-elected
District 8: 1 position
Territorial Districts: Algoma, Cochrane, Manitoulin, Nipissing, Parry Sound, Sudbury, Timiskaming
- Lionel Marks de Chabris was acclaimed
District 9: 1 position
Territorial Districts: Kenora, Rainy River, Thunder Bay
- Andrew Turner was acclaimed
Council Member Skills and Competencies
CPSO seeks physicians who can bring a broad range of skills and perspectives to the Council’s work. To ensure that the Council can successfully execute its strategic objectives, Council members are expected to have a number of skills, attributes and behavioural competencies which are outlined below.
- Practice Setting
- Practice Specialty
- Financial Literacy
- Knowledge of Anti-racism and Anti-oppression
- Legal and Fiduciary Knowledge
- Technological Proficiency
- Health Systems Knowledge
- Human Resources
- Policy Development
- Continuous Learning
- Effective Communication
- Planning & Initiative
- Relationship Building
- Results Oriented
- Stakeholder Focused
- Strategic Thinking
- Learn about CPSO Council.
- Familiarize yourself with the CPSO’s Strategic Plan.
- Review the Declaration of Adherence and Nominee Information Guide.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected].