Reports To: Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Status: Full time permanent
Scope of Search: Internal/External
The Education Lead will facilitate the advancement of education-focused activities at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. With advanced knowledge of e-learning and adult learning principles, the Education Lead will collaborate with College committees, departments and external stakeholders to address and advance continuing educational needs and opportunities within the Ontario medical regulatory context. Working in a collaborative environment, the Education Lead will assess, interpret and lead broad educational strategies to create actionable steps towards implementation.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Lead, contribute to and manage the implementation of a College-wide education framework that guides internal and external educational initiatives;
- Guide and manage education-focused initiatives, activities and resources across the College for day-to-day operations;
- Facilitate the translation of educational initiatives into actionable deliverables that will support the medical community’s engagement with new educational approaches.
- Identify, influence, support and monitor the implementation of regulatory requirements directly related to education;
- Lead knowledge translation initiatives related to College educational activities with College staff, committee members, assessors and supervisors, leading to standardization and consistency in educational approaches for physicians;
- Collaborate with College departments to identify and address programmatic needs for consistent, evidence-based and improved educational programs;
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts to analyse, design, develop, storyboard and evaluate eLearning curriculum
- Initiate and lead multiple learning projects with extreme flexibility to meet tight deadlines
- Measure the effectiveness and impact of learning solutions, and use the outcomes to continually improve course content
- Manage our Learning Management system to provide the best experience for learners
- Promote and foster strong external partnerships relating to education in the medical regulatory system and in the health system generally, in Ontario and nationally;
- Maintain an in depth understanding of the CME/CPD environment in Ontario and Canada;
- Coordinate and support the advancement of the Education Advisory Group mandate
- A master’s degree in education or a combination of relevant education and experience in the health and/or regulatory sectors;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in adult education, program development and evaluation;
- Demonstrated ability to use broad, system wide thinking to develop and implement strategic objectives
- Able to translate business information and concepts into visually appealing, dynamic and impactful learning content.
- Prior experience working with Learning Management Systems strongly preferred
- A strong communicator, both in writing and spoken communications
- Excellent conflict resolution, interpersonal and change management skills;
- Superior analytical skills and demonstrated creative problem solving abilities;
- Knowledge of learning solution development software, such as Adobe Creative Suite CS6 (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Audition, Premiere) Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate is an asset
- Excellent time management and organization skills;
- Proficiency with Windows 10 and Office 365
To express your interest in this opportunity, please submit your application to the Human Resources Department by email to [email protected], no later than October 25th at 5 p.m. While all applications are appreciated, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.