Reports To: Director,Communications and Media Relations
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Status: Full time permanent
Scope of Search: Internal/External
The Senior Communications and Engagement Specialist is a key member of the CPSO’s Communications and Media team and is responsible for developing and implementing communications initiatives to engage CPSO stakeholders and partners across multiple channels (traditional and digital). Reporting to the Director, Communications and Media, the successful candidate will be expected to play a critical role within the CPSO and demonstrate ownership of the CPSO’s outreach and engagement activities.
- Plan and organize engagement events across the province to connect with membership, health stakeholders and members of the public.
- Provide end-to-end support and leadership throughout the process – including assisting in the development of communication plans and materials for each event; providing support to senior leaders during events; and working with digital media to promote events.
- Develop communication materials for various audiences and delivery formats (presentations, speeches, newsletters, articles, etc.) independently and in collaboration with other members of the Communications and Media team where appropriate.
- Build and foster positive relationships with external stakeholders and internal clients.
- Create and compile evaluations and feedback from attendees and stakeholders to continuously improve the CPSO’s outreach activities and plans.
- Maintain an awareness of new developments and trends in communication and in the health sector.
- Degree in communications, public relations or related discipline with 5-10 years of experience working in communications, public affairs and/or public relations.
- Knowledge of and experience working within the healthcare system.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute strategic communication plans, events, and tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; experience writing across a variety of platforms and communications products (including PowerPoint); and the ability to distill information into user-friendly language.
- A high degree of creative problem solving and capacity to multi-task under pressure.
- Capacity to maintain outstanding attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills while coordinating multiple priorities and a high volume of deadline-oriented work.
Qualified candidates please ensure Human Resources is in receipt of your cover letter and updated résumé by January 24, 2020. Please send your application to [email protected].