skip to content

Funding for Therapy and Counselling

If you’ve been sexually abused by a doctor, you may qualify for financial help to see a therapist or counsellor.

Print page icon

To qualify, you need to meet one of these criteria:

  1. You have made a complaint to the CPSO (or someone has made a report to the CPSO) of sexual abuse.
  2. Our Discipline Committee agreed that you were sexually abused.
  3. The doctor admits to the College that they sexually abused you.
  4. The doctor is convicted under the Criminal Code of Canada of sexually assaulting you.
  5. A CPSO Committee makes a statement following a hearing that you were sexually abused.
  6. There is evidence to support a reasonable belief that a doctor sexually abused you.

Application Forms

Form A — To be completed by you first
Formulaire A – Demande de financement pour thérapie ou consultation (À remplir par le demandeur)

You need to complete this form in order to apply for funding. This form contains the information that we require to assess your eligibility. Please note you do not need to have a therapist or counsellor in place to apply for funding.

Form B To be completed by both you and your therapist/counsellor
Formulaire B – Information sur le thérapeute ou consultant (À remplir par le demandeur et le thérapeute/consultant)

If you already have chosen a therapist or counsellor, you can submit this form at the same time as Form A. If you haven’t, you can submit it after the Patient Relations Committee (PRC) has made a decision regarding your eligibility, and you have chosen a therapist or counsellor. Please note that you will need to complete this form before funding can begin.

Form C — To be completed by you
Formulaire C – Demande de remboursement pour frais de thérapie ou consultation antérieurs (À remplir par le demandeur)

If applicable, you can request reimbursement for out-of-pocket past therapy costs by completing and submitting this form. Please note that you need to provide us with invoices/receipts.

Form D — To be completed by your therapist/counsellor
Formulaire D – Information pour le traitement des factures de thérapie ou consultation (À remplir par le thérapeute/consultant)

If the PRC finds you are eligible for funding and you have submitted Form B, then your therapist or counsellor needs to complete and send us this form every time they send us an invoice. We require this form before we can make payment to the therapist or counsellor.


Funding for Therapy and Counselling FAQ
en français: Financement pour thérapie et consultation — Questions fréquemment posées

Things to Consider When Choosing a Therapist or Counsellor
en français: Points à tenir compte lors du choix du thérapeute ou du consultant

Need help? Contact us

We can:

  • Send you a hard copy of the application forms;
  • Help you email the completed electronic application form in a secure way to protect the confidentiality of your information; or
  • Help you with submitting past therapy costs.

For assistance, please call 1-800-268-7096, ext. 211 or email us at [email protected].