Funding for Therapy and Counselling
If you’ve been sexually abused by a doctor, you may qualify for financial help to see a therapist or counsellor.
To qualify, you need to meet one of these criteria:
- You have made a complaint to the CPSO (or someone has made a report to the CPSO) of sexual abuse.
- Our Discipline Committee agreed that you were sexually abused.
- The doctor admits to the College that they sexually abused you.
- The doctor is convicted under the Criminal Code of Canada of sexually assaulting you.
- A CPSO Committee makes a statement following a hearing that you were sexually abused.
- There is evidence to support a reasonable belief that a doctor sexually abused you.
You need to complete this form in order to apply for funding. This form contains the information that we require to assess your eligibility. Please note you do not need to have a therapist or counsellor in place to apply for funding.
If you already have chosen a therapist or counsellor, you can submit this form at the same time as Form A. If you haven’t, you can submit it after the Patient Relations Committee (PRC) has made a decision regarding your eligibility, and you have chosen a therapist or counsellor. Please note that you will need to complete this form before funding can begin.
If applicable, you can request reimbursement for out-of-pocket past therapy costs by completing and submitting this form. Please note that you need to provide us with invoices/receipts.
If the PRC finds you are eligible for funding and you have submitted Form B, then your therapist or counsellor needs to complete and send us this form every time they send us an invoice. We require this form before we can make payment to the therapist or counsellor.
Need help? Contact us
- Send you a hard copy of the application forms;
- Help you email the completed electronic application form in a secure way to protect the confidentiality of your information; or
- Help you with submitting past therapy costs.
For assistance, please call 1-800-268-7096, ext. 211 or email us at [email protected].