Guidelines for College-Directed Supervision
The CPSO provides guidance for physicians required to take part in supervised practice by our policies or committees.
These examples describe situations in which the College may need to order a physician’s supervision:
- You are missing qualifications for full registration;
- An assessment or investigation of your practice identifies patient safety concerns and/or the need for practice improvement;
- You are in the process of re-entering or changing your scope of practice;
- Supervision is part of an interim order pending a discipline hearing; or
- There’s a need to monitor health issues that could potentially impact your practice.
We provide guideline documents for supervisors and supervisees, outlining their roles, responsibilities and obligations when taking part in one these three College processes: