You are invited to contribute your knowledge, skills, and expertise by participating on a Committee of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO).
Physicians are recruited each year for committee vacancies for three-year terms with the possibility of re-appointment. As part of CPSO’s ongoing work to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion, it is looking to recruit qualified candidates who are representatives of Ontario’s diverse population.
We are looking for physicians in current practice with the following qualifications:
- Family Medicine practitioners;
- Obstetrics/Gynecology specialists;
- Plastic Surgeons;
- Psychiatrists (community-based, outside of the Greater Toronto Area); and
The deadline for this initial call for applications is Friday, June 11, 2021.
Skills and Qualifications
CPSO is interested in physicians who can contribute a broad range of attributes and technical skills to meet the needs of the Committee. Individual Committee members are not expected to possess all of the diversity attributes and technical skills; Committee Chairs will work towards achieving an appropriate composition of Committee members based on the requirements of the Committee.
For further details regarding the diversity attributes, technical skills and behavior competencies, please refer to the Committee Profile.
- Practice Setting
- Practice Specialty
- Financial Literacy
- Health Systems Knowledge
- Human Resources
- Knowledge of Anti-racism and Anti-oppression
- Leadership (including leading Committees and Panels)
- Legal and Fiduciary Knowledge
- Policy Development
- Technological Proficiency
- Specialized knowledge in the following areas:
- Administrative Law principles and medical terminology
- Ethical decision-making
- Review of peer and practice assessment reports
- Canadian Medical Education System
- Sexual abuse, trauma-informed care/services, and therapies to address trauma/PTSD
Committee Eligibility and Member Expectations
- CPSO Committee members receive remuneration for committee work as outlined in the Fees and Remuneration By-Law
- Committee member eligibility is described on page 19, Appointment of Members to Committees in the General By-Law
- Committee members are required to sign an annual Declaration of Adherence
- Committee appointments are three-year terms; the maximum term length on a Committee is nine years
- The estimated Time Commitment for CPSO Committees is available for review
How to Apply for CPSO Committee Work
To apply for Committee work, please submit an application which includes the following:
- A Cover Letter (maximum 250 words)
- Describe your skills/expertise and specialty and highlight the diversity attributes and technical skills that you would contribute to CPSO Committees as outlined above.
- Please provide an estimate of how many days per month you would be available for Committee work.
- A Current Curriculum Vitae (maximum 5 pages)
Send the above information to [email protected]. Please indicate “Application for CPSO Committee, CPSO # XXXXXX” in the subject line.
If you are selected as a candidate for a Committee vacancy, you will be contacted by a member of the Governance Office staff to discuss next steps in the recruitment process. This may include an interview with Committee Chairs.
We thank all physicians for their interest; however, only applicants who are selected as candidates for a Committee vacancy will be contacted.
CPSO is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We strive to ensure that our Committees reflect the diversity of the population of Ontario among its members. We welcome applications from members of equity-seeking groups.
Preference may be given to candidates who are members of one or more of the following groups: women, people with diverse sexual orientations and/or gender identities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of racialized communities, and members of official language minority communities. You can voluntarily indicate in your cover letter, if you are a member of one or more of the groups identified above. Please note that it is not mandatory to provide this information.
If you wish to request accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your requirements.