When an application does not meet the requirements for registration set out in the Registration Regulation, the Registration Department refers the application for review by the Registration Committee of the College.
After considering the application and the submissions from the applicant, the Registration Committee may:
- order the issuance of a certificate of registration;
- order the issuance of a certificate of registration but impose specified terms, conditions or limitations on the certificate. Such terms, conditions or limitations may, for example:
- restrict the physician's location or scope of practice,
- require monitoring, supervision, or regular reporting to the College on the physician's performance or health.
- order refusing the issuance of a certificate of registration.