Rules for posting content
- CPSO will allow comments and other content from users to appear on or through its social media sites, tools or channels, including without limitation comments and content submitted or posted by any means and in any media (“posting”) unless CPSO determines in its sole discretion that the comments and content:
- provide information or opinions that are unrelated to CPSO or the issue being discussed;
- provide personal information or information that may identify a third party;
- discuss complaints or compliments about a specific physician;
- relate to a specific individual;
- discuss an ongoing investigation;
- make false or unsubstantiated allegations;
- are or may be aggressive, abusive, obscene, profane, hateful, harassing or threatening;
- may abuse or infringe any intellectual property right;
- are or may be defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- constitute spam;
- advertise or solicit business;
- breach or may breach any law, statute, regulation, order, code, standard or rule;
- are or may be unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
CPSO may move to restrict a user’s use of its social media sites, tools or channels if CPSO determines in its sole discretion that the user is:
- impersonating another person;
- allowing any other person to use the user's identification for posting or viewing comments or content;
- breaching or may breach any law, statute, regulation, order, code, standard or rule;
- is engaging, or may engage, in activity which is unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
Content removal and other remedies
Disclaimers and Agreements
- All comments posted are the opinion of the writer, not CPSO.
- You agree not to upload viruses or other malicious code.
- By posting comments or content, you are giving CPSO permission to use and distribute those comments and content. For any comments or content you post that is covered by intellectual property rights (“IP Content”), you specifically grant CPSO the non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use IP Content in any manner (including without limitation the right to copy, distribute and make derivative works). You confirm, represent and warrant that you have the right without restriction to post all comments and content (including without limitation all links) posted by you.
- The submitter of comments and content is fully responsible for the comments and content posted; CPSO is in no way responsible for such comments and content nor for any information, references, links, opinions, claims, or advice in such comments and content, nor to collect, review, use, update, edit, retain, return, dispose of, share, circulate, act on, consider, or respond to, any such comments and content.
- CPSO in no way verifies or confirms the accuracy of user comments or any aspect of posted content. CPSO does not review any references or links in any content and is not responsible for any content of any document referred to or site linked.
- Spelling and grammatical errors will not be corrected.
- CPSO will not automatically ‘friend you’ or ‘follow’ you back. A decision to ‘friend’ or ‘follow’ a user does not constitute endorsement of comments, content, position, or perspective.
- Any sharing or re-tweeting of links on the part of CPSO does not equate to endorsement.
- By using any of CPSO’s social media sites, tools or channels (including without limitation by posting any comment or content), each user agrees to indemnify CPSO regarding and to hold CPSO harmless from any liability, loss, damage or expense, including without limitation professional and other fees and expenses, arising out of such user’s use of any CPSO social media site, tool or channel and any comments or content posted.