MINC: Request and Consent
Do you have your MINC yet? More than 90% of physicians in Canada already have their lifetime identifier.
The Medical Identification Number for Canada (MINC) system provides a reliable lifetime identifier for all Canadian physicians. It allows authorized user organizations — such as the CPSO — to link their databases (or selected parts) for approved regulatory, administrative and research purposes.
MINC is a not-for-profit organization jointly owned by the Federation of Medical Regulatory Authorities of Canada and the Medical Council of Canada.
To get your free MINC, sign and return the consent form.
Upon receiving your consent, we will only submit the following information to MINC:
- Previous name (if any);
- Date of birth;
- Country of birth; and
- Graduate year and university.
Some of the organizations currently using the MINC system include:
- All Colleges of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada
- Medical Council of Canada (MCC)
- Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- All Ontario medical schools
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email Membership Services staff, or call 416-967-2673 or 1-800-268-7096, ext. 673.