MINC: Request and Consent
Do you have your MINC yet? More than 90% of physicians in Canada already have their lifetime identifier.
The Medical Identification Number for Canada (MINC) system provides a reliable lifetime identifier for all Canadian physicians. It allows authorized user organizations — such as the CPSO — to link their databases (or selected parts) for approved regulatory, administrative and research purposes.
MINC is a not-for-profit organization jointly owned by the Federation of Medical Regulatory Authorities of Canada and the Medical Council of Canada.
To get your free MINC, start a service request in the “Membership Services” section of the Member Portal.
Upon receiving your consent, we will only submit the following information to MINC:
- Previous name (if any);
- Date of birth;
- Country of birth; and
- Graduate year and university.
Some of the organizations currently using the MINC system include:
- All Colleges of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada
- Medical Council of Canada (MCC)
- Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- All Ontario medical schools
If you have any questions or require further assistance, you may send us a message through the Member Portal message centre or call us at 416-967-2673 or 1-800-268-7096, ext. 673.