Members’ Access to Registration Application Documents
CPSO members may access copies of certain documents from their registration application.
How to access copies of your registration application documents
- Start a service request in the “Membership Services” section of the Member Portal.
- Specify the particular documents you want copied from your registration file.
- Explain why you are requesting the copies.
- Allow 10 to 15 business days for processing your request.
- Documents sent to you via the Member Portal message centre.
Document requests are subject to the following conditions and qualifications:
- The member must request documents directly, and we only provide access to the member or their legally authorized representative. The CPSO will not fulfill third party requests.
- CPSO retains the discretion to refuse to give a member anything that may, in our opinion, jeopardize the safety of any person.
- CPSO does not waive privilege over documents contained in a member’s registration file. The CPSO will not disclose documents that are subject to any privilege recognized in law.
- CPSO will not provide access to documents if prohibited by law, or by order of a court or tribunal.
- CPSO reserves the right to limit the quantity of copies provided.
- CPSO cannot provide documents or information destroyed or deleted in accordance with our record retention policies. We only retain primary documents from registration applications for 30 years following the member’s registration expiry.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Membership Services via the Member Portal message centre. Alternatively, you may email [email protected], or call 416-967-2673 or 1-800-268-7096, ext. 673.