Members’ Access to Registration Application Documents
CPSO members may access copies of certain documents from their registration application.
How to access copies of your registration application documents
- Send a written request and fee payment to Membership Services.
- Specify the particular documents you want copied from your registration file.
- Explain why you are requesting the copies.
- Allow 10 to 15 business days for processing your request.
- Documents stamped “copy” and sent to you by regular mail.
- $10 fee applies to every request of 10 pages or less.
- $1 per page for requests exceeding 10 pages.
- Submit the fee payment with your request.
- Use our credit card payment form.
- We also accept cheque, money order or bank draft as payment methods.
- For faster delivery by “Xpress Canada Post,” include an additional $10 with your request.
Document requests are subject to the following conditions and qualifications:
- The member must request documents directly, and we only provide access to the member or their legally authorized representative. The CPSO will not fulfill third party requests.
- The CPSO retains the discretion to refuse to give a member anything that may, in our opinion, jeopardize the safety of any person.
- The CPSO does not waive privilege over documents contained in a member’s registration file. The CPSO will not disclose documents that are subject to any privilege recognized in law.
- The CPSO will not provide access to documents if prohibited by law, or by order of a court or tribunal.
- The CPSO reserves the right to limit the quantity of copies provided.
- The CPSO cannot provide documents or information destroyed or deleted in accordance with our record retention policies. We only retain primary documents from registration applications for 50 years following the member’s registration expiry.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email Membership Services staff, or call 416-967-2673 or 1-800-268-7096, ext. 673.